The 8-week Mindfulness Program is an evidence based, experiential program designed to provide participants with systematic training in mindfulness meditation and movement practices, and integrating into one’s daily life what is discovered and learned through the process of participating in the program.
This 8-Week Mindfulness Program is based on mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) that grew out of the groundbreaking mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School’s Center of Mindfulness in the 1970’s.
MBSR and MBCT have over 40 years of research that consistently demonstrates positive outcomes associated with increased self-awareness and emotional and attentional regulation. In addition, outcomes highlight statistically significant reductions in symptoms for various physical and behavioral health conditions including anxiety, depression and chronic pain, burnout along with positive changes in risk factors that may lead to more serious chronic ailments.
From the first week you’ll start to gather tools. You can use these tools immediately. Imagine how it will feel to be more at ease. Envision being more in control of your life. Picture the first day of a new way of being no matter what’s going on around you.
Each week focuses on a particular theme that builds on the prior session:
- Start to learn to stabilize the mind and see what happens when you focus your attention on just one thing.
- Become aware of the power of your body as your own person internal guidance system.
- Learn how to read the body’s “early warning stress signals” and explore the mind/body connection.
- Develop skills that enable you to look at difficult thoughts and feelings differently, and learn how to become more relaxed.
- Bring awareness to difficult situations, explore how you react, respond and gain control over stress.
- Cultivate friendship toward ourselves and get more in control of your life.
- Explore lifestyle choices that are adaptive and self-nourishing.
- Weave mindfulness in your daily life and maintain the momentum developed over the past 7 weeks.
Because you will be working from home during the program you will be consciously and systematically working with the challenges and demands of your everyday life. Here are more details.
And I will create a safe and supportive environment for this work and learning through:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Systematic instruction in both formal MBSR and MBCT meditation practices
- Opportunities to check in with me
- Online resource materials and video conferencing
You must be willing to make a strong commitment to attend all classes and to practice daily home assignments for eight weeks. If you are unable to attend your regularly scheduled class or anticipate missing two or more class sessions, we encourage you to considering registering for another term.
Please fill out the form below in order to register for the 8-week mindfulness course. Your answers to these questions are needed for your admission to the course. We will get in touch with you if we have any questions, so please provide the phone number on which we can most easily reach you.
After submitting this form, you will be immediately forwarded to PayPal for payment. Refunds are available after orientation, before the first session, less €50 administrative fees, which are nonrefundable.
If you cannot make it to one session you will have the access to an video recording of the session.
Join us to explore how mindfulness may support you in living life more fully, with greater ease and joy. If you would like to see a detailed description of the program curriculum, please click here