Perception is key in mindfulness—how you see things (or don't see them) will determine in a large part how you respond.
- This week's session and practices will ask you to examine your perceptions, assumptions, and the way you view the world.
- You will learn to use the body-scan practice to cultivate a greater degree of awareness of how you react to stressful situations.
- You will begin to explore how changing the way you perceive and respond to difficulties and challenges impacts the short- and long-term effects of stress on your mind and body.
In this session, you'll practice several distinct yet interrelated mindfulness practices—mindful hatha yoga, sitting meditation, and walking meditation.
- This is an ideal time to share your insights about your experiences with formal practice and integrating mindfulness into your daily life.
- You will investigate and perhaps begin to discover that there is both pleasure and power in being present.
- You'll directly attend to how your experiences create such reactions as pleasure or discomfort in the mind and body.
By practicing mindfulness, we cultivate curiosity and openness to the full range of our experience, and through this process our ability to pay attention becomes more flexible.
- This week, your practice will focus on the development of your ability to concentrate and systematically expand your field of awareness.
- You'll learn about the physiological and psychological bases of stress reactivity
- We'll continue to explore and experience mindful strategies for responding in positive, proactive ways to stressful situations.
At the halfway point in our course, you should now be familiar with the foundations of mindfulness and able to focus on applying it more rapidly and effectively to specific challenges and stressors in your life.
- This week you will begin to pay attention to the places where you might be stuck in repeating, unhealthy patterns that you can disarm through mindful awareness.
- You will also learn how to apply mindfulness at the critical moment when you experience a physical sensation, intense emotion, or condition, with special attention to exploring the effect of reactivity in health and illness.
- You’ll explore the connection between mindfulness and perception in critical moments through physical sensation, emotion, cognition and behavior.
Resilience or “stress hardiness” is our ability to return to equilibrium after stressful situations.
- This week, you will focus on transformational coping strategies to broaden your inner resources and enhance your resilience through mindfulness practice.
- You'll also learn the fundamentals of interpersonal mindfulness—applying awareness and presence at times when communication becomes difficult or fraught with strong emotions.
- You'll examine your direct experience of a variety of styles for more effective and creative interpersonal communication.
The All-Day class is an intensive 7.5 hour session of mindfulness practices intended to assist participants in firmly and effectively establishing the use of mindfulness across multiple situations in their lives, while simultaneously preparing them to utilize mindfulness far beyond the conclusion of the MBSR program.
This all-day class takes place between weeks six and seven. The intensive nature of this session is intended to assist you in firmly and effectively establishing the use of MBSR skills across multiple situations in your life. Having established a daily mindfulness practice during the previous 6 weeks, you will be better prepared to benefit from this class.
Please note the all-day class for online MBSR also takes place online.
Mindfulness is most effective when it is a lifetime commitment.
- This week, you will explore the many ways that you can integrate mindfulness more fully and personally into your daily life.
- We’ll continue investigate how to bring a broader sense of awareness and presence to every moment in your life, and to use non-judgmental in your self-reflection and decision-making processes.
- You'll continue to enlarge your personal toolkit of way to maintain the discipline and flexibility of daily practice as circumstances change over the course of your life.
In the final week of the program, you will have a complete review of everything you've learned over the course, with an emphasis on carrying the momentum you've built forward into the coming months and years.
- You'll learn about resources available to you to pursue mindfulness in new directions as your life and practice evolve.
- You’ll be introduced to support systems that exist to help you continue to integrate, learn, and grow.
- The final lesson creates a satisfying closure by honoring both the end of this program and the beginning of the rest of your life.
Payment will be refunded in full (less €50 administrative fee) if written notification of cancellation is received 8 or more days prior to the start of the class cycle.